If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (865) 862-8907

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How a Fireplace can Cause Your Rocky Hill Home to Go Up in Flames

2/18/2019 (Permalink)

Be sure and have your fireplace inspected regularly to prevent fires.

Leaving a Fireplace Unattended Can Cause Fire Damage in Your Rocky Hill Home

As the winter months set in, some may be inclined to use a fireplace inside of their home to make their sitting rooms toasty. However, it could cause fire damage should the flames be left unattended. Keeping a fire going inside of your home requires a watchful eye and a careful hand. It is important not to over-feed the fire, or else the flames could rebel against you and build too high. Unfortunately, that is what happened inside of your home. However, it is comforting to know when accidents do happen, that there is always help close at hand.  

When fire damage does happen inside of your Rocky Hill home, it is essential to reach out for help as soon as possible. While you extinguished the fire quickly enough, the blaze had reached up beyond the mantel and left behind soot stains on the shelf above it. The damage in your living room may be considered relatively small; however, it is an eyesore when plastered against the light colored paint. Calling for professional help as soon as possible maximizes the chances of removing the soot stains successfully.  

When you reach out to SERVPRO, we always travel to your home as swiftly as possible while also bringing advanced technology with us designed to tackle the specific damages inside of your home. Our IICRC-certified technicians can investigate the fire damage inside of your living room and then determine the best solution to remove it. SERVPRO can use a lubricating cleaning solution that pulls the grime away from the wall and allows it to be wiped away with a cloth. Our technicians always choose a method of remediation that is appropriate for the material that is damaged.  

After some scrubbing and repeated cleaning with our solution, SERVPRO can address any other problems the fire may have caused. Sometimes, a fire can leave behind a foul odor that we can address with devices such as thermal foggers or hydroxyl generators. Once the damages are all taken care of, SERVPRO can leave your home as it was before the fire stained your wall.  

If experience causes minor damages in your home, never wait to get help. Get in contact with SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville by dialing (865) 862-8907. No matter the time or place, we can help you.

Read more about Rocky Hill here.

Other News

View Recent Posts