Electrical Overload Fire Damage in Rocky Hill
Team SERVPRO is Ready and Available Around the Clock, Especially When Homeowners are Facing Damage Remaining From a Fire
When Rocky Hill homeowners try to enhance the electrical capability of their houses, fire damage can result. Older homes with antiquated wiring are at obvious risk, but new construction also is not always equipped with outlets everywhere you might wish. If your attempts to accommodate appliances cause an electrical fire, we have the resources to help you respond and recover.
Family gatherings are hectic enough, but when competition for the last outlet in your home ends with fire damage in Rocky Hill from inadequately rated extension cords, you and your loved ones face evacuation rather than a cozy, congenial time. Today’s explosion of countertop appliances -- deep fryers, new age pressure cookers, stand-alone rotisseries, and convection ovens, to name a few -- join slow cookers, mixers, blenders, and food processors jostling for a grounded outlet. We have seen how this traffic jam ends in a smoldering fire or sparked blaze and can respond quickly, even on a holiday or weekend.
The thick and acrid smoke and soot from an electrical fire is a challenge for which our SERVPRO team trains continuously. You may despair of restorative efforts making a dent in the widespread residue, but our IICRC trained technicians master effective techniques that clean soot, restore finishes, and eliminate that horrible burning wire odor. An experienced project manager assesses the particular circumstances and develops a comprehensive plan. Then our fire damage crew systematically moves through your home, rapidly but skillfully using the proper products and techniques to clear away the coatings.
If your HVAC system operated during the fire, it may be contaminated and need cleaning as well. It should be deactivated until evaluated to prevent further spread of the soot and debris. If firefighting efforts used water, we likely attend to that first, removing water and assessing the moisture content of structures to avoid mold damage or the deterioration saturated woods and metals suffer if not quickly dried.
Finally, our deodorization specialists ensure all smoky debris are discarded. If odor persists, we clean surfaces and consider sealing porous materials to keep the odoriferous particles from vaporizing. Professional deodorization sprays may be effective, but we also use thermal fogging, a process that replicates the environment where the odor particles were dispersed. A heated chamber combusts the deodorant, allowing the now minuscule bits to find and neutralize the odor molecules. Hydroxyl generators are another option, changing the chemical composition of the tiny bits of smelly debris and rendering them odorless.
Look to SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville when an electrical fire threatens to derail your plans. Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at (865) 862-8907.
For more information regarding Rocky Hill, click here