Knoxville Mold damage - What to Do If You See or Smell Mold Damage in Your Knoxville Home
What to Do If Your Knoxville Home Has Mold Damage
For the vast majority of homeowners in Knoxville, mold damage does appear, at some point, in or around their property. And, a little spot of mold around the bathtub or the shower screen is nothing to be too concerned about. If it can be easily wiped away and does not produce a nasty smell, it is likely to be a good problem.
However, if you have spotted creeping patches of mold, which has an unpleasant odor, and makes the room feel clammy and uncomfortable, it is time to call in the experts. It could indicate a serious problem with mold damage. If this is the case, it needs to be handled by a professional team who can make sure that the unhealthy material is completely removed.
The first thing that will happen, after you have consulted a professional Knoxville mold damage restoration service, is a discussion about containment. This may mean a number of different things, depending on how extensive the mold is and what type of spores you have in your home. If the problem is severe, containment may have to involve you temporarily moving out of the property.
However, this is quite a rare situation. Most homeowners take action early enough for it to be avoided. Partial containment helps restoration experts limit the mold damage in Knoxville properties. They seal off the problem area so that movement cannot dislodge and carry mold spores to other parts of the home. It is where heavy duty equipment will be set up to dry, repair, and treat the affected space.
Getting to Grips with Remediation
The primary goal of mold remediation is to restore the property to its pre-mold damage condition. In some cases, this will not be possible. If the damage is very extensive, there may be some parts of the building which cannot be saved. This is extremely rare, however, and a skilled mold restoration team is almost always able to bring a home back to full health.
The thing to remember is that the quicker you address the issue, the better the chance of a full recovery for your property. If you ignore what appears to be chronic mold, you risk the chance of it moving into walls and floors. This is much harder (and much more expensive) to repair, so invest your money in affordable prevention, rather than a costly cure.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
If you would like more information on hiring a mold damage restoration team, call SERVPRO of Rocky Hill/Sequoyah Hills/South Knoxville on (865) 862-8907 today.