How Can I Be Sure to Hire the Company in Knoxville that Is the Best Fit for My Home's Flooding Recovery?
Our Commitment to the Community Plus Dedication to Managing Multiple Requests for Assistance Successfully and Seamlessly Is Why SERVPRO Is Knoxville's Flood Damage Abatement Leader
Heavy rains and strong winds are often predicted during the summer and fall in Knoxville, exposing residents to the possibility of exterior damage and overland flooding. Regardless of how unwanted flood water enters your dwelling, you must arrange for interventions quickly. If professionals mitigate and remediate flood water damage promptly, many structural components survive the loss, but the timeline is tight. You do not want to be given a number in a queue, risking waiting hours, days, or weeks before receiving professional restorers' attention.
What Can Go Wrong if I Opt to Hire a Traveling Flood Disaster Remediation Company?
During the summer and fall storm season, homeowners find itinerant flood damage recovery companies knocking on doors and leaving flyers. The temptation to accept what seems like immediate assistance is understandable, but hiring an established, reputable, and local company is the far better choice. "Storm chasers" infiltrate affected neighborhoods like the floodwaters rising in your basement or imperiling your crawl space. Resist reacting in a panicked way to either the impending damage or the sales pressure. The following are reasons why it is risky to sign a contract with a non-local recovery outfit:
• Most local governments require permits, licenses, and certifications to complete the wide variety of assessments and tasks needed to take on a flood damage project, these prerequisites often not held by "storm chasing" firms.
• The "door knocker" is not always qualified to complete a professional inspection of the flood damage in your Knoxville home, resulting in inaccurate pricing and failure to account for the damage's full spectrum and the mitigation and remediation needed to reverse or remediate the damage.
• You have little involvement in the planning of the project or any efficient way to communicate with the crew that ultimately arrives to perform the work, often causing needless stress, conflict, and disruption.
• A lack of local brick and mortar presence impels the traveling contractors to move away, on down the disaster trail, foreclosing any ability homeowners have to follow up when the materials and products used prove inadequate, and the work itself is of poor caliber.
If I Choose a Local Company to Help with Flood Damage Will My Needs Matter?
We realize that when many residential and commercial properties exhibit flood damage, it can be worrisome that your home's issues and your family's discomfort and disruption might get lost in the chaos. When SERVPRO takes on your project, however, you can be sure:
• We arrive promptly, within the hour, ready with our fully stocked vehicles to complete a safety hazard and damage assessment before commencing emergency services.
• The crew assigned to your property has experience in and prepares for managing your loss in a professional and timely manner, even as our company assists others with their disasters.
• If your job presents challenges or requires especially swift resolution, we have extensive practice in coordinating large work crews while taking responsibility for a complicated agenda of necessary tasks to return your home to preloss condition.
We patiently listen to your concerns and questions throughout the project and respond as a collaborator. We welcome you to reach out after the job completes any lingering worries or unintended consequences you confront in the days, weeks, or months following the flood damage project's wrapup.
What Separates Reliable and High-Quality Flood Recovery Companies from the Rest?
Three characteristics of flood damage restoration companies that stand above, offering to best meet residential customer needs are:
Comprehensive training of the owners and all managers and technician in best practices through classwork and practicums offered by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
Investment in state-of-the-art proprietary cleaning and disinfecting products and commercial-grade tools and equipment in quantities sufficient to respond to the community's flood damage recovery needs, including but not limited to:
• Rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows
• Submersible pumps for flood water deeper than two inches
• Truck-mount and portable water extractors
• Moisture detectors and meters to locate trapped water and provide data for effective structural drying
• Specialty equipment such as air scrubbers, Injectidry systems, and a broad range of resources for flood-damaged contents in our production facility
• EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants
A people-first orientation that underlies our relentless striving towards high expectations and integrity in our dealings with customers and superior outcomes.
Our desire to support our community during times of greatest need is why SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville strives to provide a scalable team of the best trained and equipped flood damage recovery technicians possible. We pledge to arrive at your flood emergency day or night within an hour of your call to (865) 862-8907, prepared to make it “Like it never even happened.”