If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (865) 862-8907

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Damage Remediation In Knoxville

5/8/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Mold Damage Remediation In Knoxville Mold Remediation in Knoxville? Call SERVPRO

Knoxville Homeowners Rely on SERVPRO for Restoration After a Mold Infestation

It is possible for mold to exist inside your Knoxville townhome and nobody even realizes it. Mold spores survive throughout most buildings in places such as heating ducts, carpets, and crawlspaces. When moisture gets introduced to an area inside the townhouse, these mold spores can get activated and cause a fungus to form.
 
It is possible to smell the pungent odor affected materials put off and once it grows it is visible. If you ever notice any sign of a fungus SERVPRO's mold damage technicians in Knoxville can help. As soon as signs of mold are noticed, it is a good idea to begin the remediation process.
 
Since mold can cause health effects, it is vital to remediate the fungal issue before health issues occur. Once fungi form they release microscopic spores into the air for reproduction purposes. These spores become airborne and travel to other areas of the structure, then settle to new locations. If the environment is ideal for mold growth in other areas of the home, then colonies can grow in multiple areas of the building.
 
Since mold spreads so quickly, it is crucial to take measures to prevent spores from traveling through the townhouse. To deter spores from getting into the air, containment chambers in the affected area get implemented. The part of the structure that is already infested with mold gets sealed off with plastic so that the remediation process does not cause spores to get all over.
 
An air scrubber then gets attached to the outside of the containment chamber. The air scrubber provides negative air pressure that sucks up any dust created by the workers and runs it through a HEPA filter before exhausting the air out. The HEPA filter traps spores, pollen, microbial, and dust particles that are 1 micron in size and smaller.
 
After all of the affected materials get removed inside the containment chamber they get put in sealed trash bags and disposed of properly. The area then gets vacuumed with a HEPA vacuum to remove any remaining dust particles. After the area is cleaned, anti-microbial chemicals get sprayed all over the affected region to kill most remaining mold spores. For professional help with remediating a fungi problem, call SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville at (865) 862-8907 24/7.

See this beautiful city in TN by clicking here

Other News

View Recent Posts