How Can I Be Sure to Hire the Company in Knoxville that Is the Best Fit for My Home's Flooding Recovery?
Our desire to support our community during times of greatest need is why SERVPRO strives to provide a scalable team of the best trained and equipped f
Our Commitment to the Community Plus Dedication to Managing Multiple Requests for Assistance Successfully and Seamlessly Is Why SERVPRO Is Knoxville's Flood Damage Abatement Leader
Heavy rains and strong winds are often predicted during the summer and fall in Knoxville, exposing residents to the possibility of exterior damage and overland flooding. Regardless of how unwanted flood water enters your dwelling, you must arrange for interventions quickly. If professionals mitigate and remediate flood water damage promptly, many structural components survive the loss, but the timeline is tight. You do not want to be given a number in a queue, risking waiting hours, days, or weeks before receiving professional restorers' attention.
What Can Go Wrong if I Opt to Hire a Traveling Flood Disaster Remediation Company?
During the summer and fall storm season, homeowners find itinerant flood damage recovery companies knocking on doors and leaving flyers. The temptation to accept what seems like immediate assistance is understandable, but hiring an established, reputable, and local company is the far better choice. "Storm chasers" infiltrate affected neighborhoods like the floodwaters rising in your basement or imperiling your crawl space. Resist reacting in a panicked way to either the impending damage or the sales pressure. The following are reasons why it is risky to sign a contract with a non-local recovery outfit:
• Most local governments require permits, licenses, and certifications to complete the wide variety of assessments and tasks needed to take on a flood damage project, these prerequisites often not held by "storm chasing" firms.
• The "door knocker" is not always qualified to complete a professional inspection of the flood damage in your Knoxville home, resulting in inaccurate pricing and failure to account for the damage's full spectrum and the mitigation and remediation needed to reverse or remediate the damage.
• You have little involvement in the planning of the project or any efficient way to communicate with the crew that ultimately arrives to perform the work, often causing needless stress, conflict, and disruption.
• A lack of local brick and mortar presence impels the traveling contractors to move away, on down the disaster trail, foreclosing any ability homeowners have to follow up when the materials and products used prove inadequate, and the work itself is of poor caliber.
If I Choose a Local Company to Help with Flood Damage Will My Needs Matter?
We realize that when many residential and commercial properties exhibit flood damage, it can be worrisome that your home's issues and your family's discomfort and disruption might get lost in the chaos. When SERVPRO takes on your project, however, you can be sure:
• We arrive promptly, within the hour, ready with our fully stocked vehicles to complete a safety hazard and damage assessment before commencing emergency services.
• The crew assigned to your property has experience in and prepares for managing your loss in a professional and timely manner, even as our company assists others with their disasters.
• If your job presents challenges or requires especially swift resolution, we have extensive practice in coordinating large work crews while taking responsibility for a complicated agenda of necessary tasks to return your home to preloss condition.
We patiently listen to your concerns and questions throughout the project and respond as a collaborator. We welcome you to reach out after the job completes any lingering worries or unintended consequences you confront in the days, weeks, or months following the flood damage project's wrapup.
What Separates Reliable and High-Quality Flood Recovery Companies from the Rest?
Three characteristics of flood damage restoration companies that stand above, offering to best meet residential customer needs are:
Comprehensive training of the owners and all managers and technician in best practices through classwork and practicums offered by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
Investment in state-of-the-art proprietary cleaning and disinfecting products and commercial-grade tools and equipment in quantities sufficient to respond to the community's flood damage recovery needs, including but not limited to:
• Rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows
• Submersible pumps for flood water deeper than two inches
• Truck-mount and portable water extractors
• Moisture detectors and meters to locate trapped water and provide data for effective structural drying
• Specialty equipment such as air scrubbers, Injectidry systems, and a broad range of resources for flood-damaged contents in our production facility
• EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants
A people-first orientation that underlies our relentless striving towards high expectations and integrity in our dealings with customers and superior outcomes.
Our desire to support our community during times of greatest need is why SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville strives to provide a scalable team of the best trained and equipped flood damage recovery technicians possible. We pledge to arrive at your flood emergency day or night within an hour of your call to (865) 862-8907, prepared to make it “Like it never even happened.”
How Quickly Can SERVPRO Restore Knoxville Event Venues After a Fire?
No matter when you make the call, we have technicians who can assist you.
However, your venue becomes damaged, restoring the fire loss effects often falls to the capable abilities of our fire restoration professionals.
With managing entertainment and event venues throughout Knoxville, you are continually balancing schedules and deadlines. Scheduling the upkeep and maintenance of your facilities can be problematic enough with a packed agenda, making situations like a fire loss to cause even more considerable challenges. As a leading professional fire restoration company, our SERVPRO team is locally owned and operated for a fast response to emergencies whenever they occur.
When discussing fire restoration for Knoxville venues, it is not often as straightforward as house fire recovery might be for restorers. The obstacles of post-fire restoration remain the same, though on a much grander scale that requires powerful equipment and unique strategies to resolve. Our objective is to address each of these main concerns as efficiently as possible to minimize the impact of scheduled events at the venue.
What Threats Exist in Your Venue After a Fire?
- Soot – Partial combustion creates carcinogens that can be harmful to those exposed and leave thick residues on surfaces and contents. Several cleaning practices can help remove these residues, including chemical solvents and detergents.
- Debris – Piles of partially combusted remnants, ash, and other solids can become hazardous debris left throughout the venue. Shoveling out the piles and vacuuming up what is left prevents higher concentrations of odor and soot and can showcase any possible structural problems.
- Structural Concerns – We have in-house contractors dispatched with our restoration technicians for temporary repairs and ultimate full-scale build-back when damages get identified.
- Odors – Lingering smoke and burning scents make it difficult to rent your facilities, so we focus on removing any of these odors with practices like thermal fogging and using hydroxyl generators.
Our SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville is ready 24/7. Just call (865) 862-8907. We can help make fire losses, "Like it never even happened."
See more about Knoxville.
How Should Mold Removal Companies Train Their Staff?
If mold is left unchecked, it can spread very quickly. Contact our IICRC certified mold damage remediation team for an assessment today.
Rocky Hill Homeowners Searching For Mold Removal Companies With Expert Technicians.
If you were looking for a doctor in Rocky Hill, you would need to know he had the right training. If you take your car into a car shop, you want a mechanic who has learned her trade.
When you are searching for a company to help you clean or repair your house, it is vital to know that they have the correct training. If you are looking for mold removal companies in Rocky Hill, you want to be sure their staff know their job and are the best. What kind of training does a person need in mold remediation? And how should companies provide it?
Who certifies mold removal companies?
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is the non-profit body for certifying cleaning and remediation specialists. The IICRC is the gold standard for mold removal training (along with other kinds of restoration such as fire and flood.)
All our technicians are IICRC certified, so you know they are up to date with the latest and most effective mold removal techniques.
What do remediation specialists learn?
Certified technicians learn about:
Mold and how it spreads and propagates
How to assess a mold damage situation
The industry-standard techniques for mold remediation
Proper drying techniques and how to test for moisture levels in the area
How to deodorize a space after mold removal
Every SERVPRO franchise has several specially-trained mold specialists. You can rest easy knowing our teams are up to date on all best practices.
What about ongoing training?
At SERVPRO, we believe ongoing training is essential. That is why our training includes:
Initial 15-day training at our corporate facility
Self-paced employee certification training
Web-based e-learning with knowledge tests to keep our team sharp
We invest in continued training for our technicians because we know that is the best way to ensure you get the mold removal service you need.
We also equip our teams with the best equipment, from dehumidifiers to air scrubbers and fogging machines, because we know that even the most well-trained experts need the correct equipment for the job.
If you need a mold removal company, call SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville at (865) 862-8907.
Find out more about Rocky Hill.
Do I Need A Storm Door To Protect My Knoxville Home From Flood Damage?
For help with flood damage, call SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville at (865) 862-8907.
Knoxville Homeowners Want To Avoid Flood Damage
Anyone who owns property in Knoxville knows that bad weather can quickly wreak havoc with doors, windows, gutters, pipes, and roof tiles. That is why home maintenance is so essential – the more protected your house, the less likely it is to sustain damage.
Anyone worried about flood damage in Knoxville should consider ways of making their home safer. One way to do that is with a storm door.
What is a storm door?
A storm door is a second door that you install in front of your main entryway. A storm door keeps your front door protected from wind and rain and can also provide added insulation in the winter.
What are the pros and cons of a storm door?
Like any home improvement, there are pros and cons to fitting a storm door.
The pros are:
• It protects your home from bad weather and keeps your main door in good condition for longer
• It adds extra insulation in the winter
• There are many available designs so you can pick one that adds curb appeal to your home
The cons are:
• Fitting a storm door is not a DIY job which means you will have to pay for a contractor to install it
• Most storm doors need replacing every five years or so
• The added insulation is not welcome in hot summers
What can SERVPRO do to help me if my home suffers flood damage?
Even if you take precautionary measures such as adding a storm door, you cannot guarantee that water will not enter your home. A storm can breach windows or doors, or damage gutters or roofs. There is also the risk that a storm will bring down a tree, causing it to break a window or take off some roof tiles.
In the event of flood damage, SERVPRO can help you with every aspect of cleanup from removing water-logged drywall to drying out personal belongings.
We remove excess water from your home and use a range of dehumidifiers and air movers to dry it thoroughly. We take care of structural problems and make your home safe for your return. We also take care of deodorization, so your house smells like it should.
For help with flood damage, call SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville at (865) 862-8907.
How Well Can Water Restoration Companies Manage Knoxville Condo Water Leaks?
Our highly trained team members, expertise and equipment gives us the ability to handle water loss events of any size.
SERVPRO Helps with Many Aspects of Water Removal from Condos Including Expediting Completion and Minimizing Unnecessary Damages
Water leaks leading to wetness in different Condo units can be a flashpoint for disagreements between members and unwanted expenses for your condominium association. Although there may be several deterrents to water intrusion, including the installation of leak sensors, you cannot discount the possibility of such an incident. SERVPRO helps Condo managers in Knoxville to resolve water damage situations with the utmost convenience.
Can water restoration companies help prevent leaks in Knoxville properties?
In most incidents, the damage is already done by the time the restoration company arrives at your property. What you can benefit from, is advice on how to minimize the chances of leaks or other forms of water intrusion in Knoxville. Our SERVPRO technicians can inspect the facility to establish whether there are steps to take to lessen the chances of leaks. Typical steps include:
- Installation of water detection devices
- Replacing or upgrading washing machine hoses
- Preparing an Emergency Ready Profile to ensure the correct response when leaks occur
- Checking whether there are proper sealing and caulking around the property
The steps help in different ways. For instance, water detection devices have distinct or other forms of warnings when there is a moisture change in the areas they are installed, ensuring faster response to water intrusions. Since faulty household appliances frequently cause leaks, replacing old or brittle washing machine hoses can reduce the chances of a leak occurring. Other steps, such as having an ERP minimize confusion because there is a response plan, including locating and shutting off the mains when the leak is identified.
What is the best way to handle water removal from condo units?
Because of the distributed responsibility for the damages that water causes in condos, the chosen water removal approach should help in:
- Identifying the source of the water leak fast
- Limiting moisture migration
- Documenting the exact damage affecting each section
- Mitigating all long-term problems
When our SERVPRO technicians arrive at your Knoxville water loss site, we use simple and sophisticated techniques to identify the loss point, if it is not apparent, and the extent of the moisture migration. In the interior sections of the units, we can easily observe the wetness and pools of water.
In enclosed spaces such as walls, ceiling, and floor spaces, we use other ways to check for wetness. For instance, we can use thermal cameras to identify wet areas behind wall surfaces. The cameras rely on temperature differences to identify wet areas. We can also drill small holes to release trapped water or create space for inspection with a specialized tool such as a borescope. With these approaches, we avoid damaging the property unnecessarily, thus minimizing conflicts between the different parties involved.
Can water restoration companies fast track water removal?
Several aspects influence the time it takes to complete water removal from the condo, including:
- The number of levels affected
- Amount of water released
- The variety of damages the intrusion causes
Our SERVPRO crews take various steps to expedite the process, halting the deterioration of materials, and restoring habitable conditions faster. We have an assortment of water extraction equipment that help ease the removal of surface or absorbed water. For instance, we have self-propelled extractors that a technician rides on while moving over carpeted areas at consistent speeds. Such apparatus combines different processes to achieve the intended removal goal faster. The technician and the machine's combined weight helps squeeze out water absorbed by carpet and pad while the vacuum system extracts it.
Other tools such as portable extractor units and truck-mounted pumps help us remove water from hard surfaces faster. In the case of water penetration beneath tiles or hardwood floors, we have drying mats, which help extract water trapped beneath the hard materials conveniently.
The use of such specialized equipment to perform specific removal processes reduces the time taken to restore the property to its preloss state. For instance, ripping up and reinstalling tiles to remove moisture can add some extra days to the water remediation process. The timesaving benefits can be enjoyed in many aspects of the restoration, including:
- Damage inspection processes
- Water removal from floor materials and coverings
- Cutting downtime for rebuilding and refinishing
The use of sophisticated equipment also limits invasive procedures that cause physical damages, thus helping reduce costs.
In case of a water intrusion incident at your Downtown Knoxville, Rocky Hill, or Sequoyah Hills condo, SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville can help resolve it with ease. Call us at (865) 862-8907. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What Threats Exist with Protein Residues After a Fire in Knoxville?
Fire loss events can be devastating to your home, even when kitchen flare-ups keep the bulk of the damage localized to one room.
Various smoke residues can present unique obstacles for our SERVPRO team restoring your Knoxville home.
Multiple types of smoke residues could threaten your Knoxville home after a fire loss incident. While wet smoke residues can be among the worst to clean and restore, specifically because of the thickness of coatings and the types of materials that can become affected, an almost equally challenging remnant to address are protein residues. These exist after fires break out in your kitchen, and specific types of meat, fish, poultry, and other protein-based foods burn.
Grease kitchen fires can already be challenging to extinguish for homeowners or even the first responders addressing fire damage in your Knoxville residence. The combustion of proteins could have instantaneous effects on exposed materials and contents within the room. The closest structural elements in the proximity of the fire can often be the worst damaged by these thick residues. Protein smoke damage can get identified by:
• Harsh Odors
• Thick Coating
• Yellowing/Staining of Surfaces
Do Cabinets Require Removal?
Close structural surfaces and fixtures within the kitchen can often become the worst damaged by these lingering residues. While combustion can compromise several individual cabinet units, the entirety of the cabinetry in your kitchen might not require removal and replacement. Cleaning and refinishing services might be more cost-effective, but this depends on the cabinets' material and the severity of the present damage. Careful consideration of these fixtures' condition is necessary by our project manager and crew chief to determine the best approach to return your damaged kitchen to its preloss state efficiently.
Fire loss events can be devastating to your home, even when kitchen flare-ups keep the bulk of the damage localized to one room. Our SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville team can help with potent products, practical methods, and industry-leading equipment to address smoke residues and other loss effects after a fire. Give us a call today at (865) 862-8907.
What Makes Flood Water Different from a Pipe Break in My Knoxville Home?
Flooding can occur and devastate many families' homes all at once. Contact SERVPRO to tackle your flood damage and help the next family in need.
SERVPRO Has the Experience and Equipment to Restore Your Knoxville Home Back to Normal
The water that comes out of your tap is safe to drink and bathe in. However, would you consider drinking water from or bathing in the Holston River? Of course not, when flash floods from storms cause floodwater to enter your Knoxville house, anything that water encountered along the way just landed in your home, including sewage, chemicals, and mud. This type of water requires handling as a biohazard, and the longer it remains within a home, the damage increases. Unless you own personal protective clothing and have the knowledge for safe cleanup and disposal for this type of home disaster, you need professional assistance.
What Should I Do First After Flood Damage?
When a Knoxville home has flood damage, it is one of the most severe events a homeowner can face. If it is safe to enter your property, here some early actions that can make the restoration process go easier:
- Make a list of essential/valuable documents and items before you enter the property, so you know exactly what you are looking for
- Arrange for someone to take in your pets if you cannot keep them with you if you need to stay elsewhere during the cleanup
- Talk to your insurance agent about bringing in SERVPRO as soon as possible
- Turn off the electricity if there is a danger of water coming into contact with electrical appliances or outlets
- Close off the loss area if possible until help arrives for cleanup
What Does the Flood Cleanup Process Look Like?
SERVPRO technicians arrive within hours of the initial call and get to work restoring the home. One of the first actions on the plan is to scope the property and locate all areas of water migration and begin the water extraction process in your Knoxville home. Most frequently used are their portable pumps, which allow the techs to move quickly around the loss area and remove the water promptly.
As they locate the areas of migration within the floor and sheetrock, those materials may require removal as part of the drying process. Controlled demolition is a common element in the restoration of a property after flood damage by removing materials that are a loss and leaving undamaged portions.
Carpet that has absorbed flood water has no potential for restoration and requires removal. Because wet carpet is dense and may cause injury if moved, the techs extract the water and cut the carpet into strips to make it easier to handle. After exposure to water, most glue-down tile delamination occurs and the tile gets removed. If water gets detected within the subfloor, the techs measure how widespread the moisture problem is and remove the floor covering as needed for drying.
The restoration from flood damage often results in a home that looks very different once mitigation efforts complete. Homeowners may see:
- Walls with the bottom portion cut off for drying
- Flooring removed to open the subfloor for drying
- The presence of a large number of drying devices and dehumidification equipment
Sanitizing a property and contents post-flood loss is crucial to returning the home to habitable standards. SERVPRO technicians use professional cleaning agents, many with antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, to ensure any surfaces that come into contact with the water get wiped down.
Contents from within the home with water exposure have two primary outcomes: disposal and restoration. Anything porous and absorbed the water generally has no potential for reuse. Items that can withstand immersion cleaning processes tend to fare the best. Each piece that gets handled by the techs receives documentation to assist in the filing of any insurance claims with both a detailed report and photos.
Before any rebuilding or repairs may occur, the property needs to undergo odor control measures. Water damage in a home tends to have a recognizable, musty odor, and floodwater has the same type of scent but is often amplified and compounded by other elements such as sewage. After drying and cleaning, there is usually some reduction of the smell, but further measures typically need to get applied to eradicate all signs of the water loss completely. SERVPRO techs have an array of odor control methods such as thermal fogging or the use of hydroxyl generators. In many cases, the techs call upon multiple ways to ensure that both airborne and embedded odors get removed from the home.
SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville at (865) 862-8907 for help with getting rid of the problems that flood damage brings to your home and property. The knowledgeable, experienced team brings professional equipment and a commitment to help lessen the loss through their advanced cleaning methods.
We Had a Water Incident at My Indoor Storage Facility, How Can I Start Cleanup?
Water damage to your Knoxville business can be extensive call SERVPRO today.
SERVPRO is Here for Prompt Water Mitigation Services to Restore Your Knoxville Storage Building
Once water infiltrates your Knoxville commercial space, you have no time to waste. SERVPRO offers emergency response so that we can get to work right away to lessen the amount of loss. When you have customers counting on their storage units to be safe from harm, there is never any room for error. We have the techniques and tools to facilitate rapid, reliable clean up when you need us.
How Does Your Team Address Commercial Water Loss?
Handling water damage in Knoxville at your indoor storage building can be tricky depending on the layout, the type of water loss, and the belongings affected. Our crew chief does a walkthrough to determine the best course of action that allows us to remove standing water and eliminate moisture while protecting the structure and interior contents.
- Water extraction includes the use of a range of pumps, vacuums, and specialty tools.
- Our crew looks for areas of migration, including various storage units, under shelving, and behind walls.
- Centrifugal air movers help keep the air circulating while our professional-grade dehumidifiers grab moisture from the air.
- Wherever paper products are present, such as packaging and boxes, everything is inspected and carefully inventoried for your records and customers storing their belongings on-site.
- If your storage building includes floor to ceiling units for shelving, we position air movers under the bottom shelves to help us achieve drying goals.
- All equipment is adjusted periodically to ensure we maintain a rhythm of efficient drying.
- Whether full or partial pack-out services are required, we maintain an accurate inventory of all items for your peace of mind.
We know how important it is that your business never misses a beat so that you can count on us for your water mitigation needs. Call SERVPRO of Rocky Hill/Sequoyah Hills/South Knoxville today at (865) 862-8907 to have a team deployed quickly.
Do I Throw Everything Out? What Can Restoration Professionals Do to Save the Contents of My Knoxville Home After Storm Damage?
Don't let a storm destroy what took you so long to put together in your home. Call the professionals from SERVPRO in Knoxville to mitigate your issue.
Take the Time to Discuss How SERVPRO Can Save Your Knoxville Belongings from Flood Waters--It Is Likely Far Better News Than You Fear
Severe thunderstorms are a summer staple in Knoxville, and their intensity increases with the high winds of tornadoes and tropical weather systems. Since you never know precisely when such devastation could occur, consider how choosing a reliable flood recovery firm can change the outcome for the better when you have the time to weigh your options.
Can One Flooding Restoration Company Help Me with Both Structural Damage and Soaking Wet Contents?
After a storm, flood damage in Knoxville is commonplace. When you view ads in the media for the response you can expect from professionals, the focus seems mostly on extracting water from and drying out the structure. We appreciate that to make a house a home, you choose to fill it with practical and beloved possessions. Fixing one without attending to the other would not be pursuing our mission to make it “Like it never even happened.” Therefore, we also invest in trained people and strategies to return your belongings to preloss condition.
What Help Can SERVPRO Offer?
Our production facility awaits a partial or full pack-out of your furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions after a flood. We use a detailed, highly-digitized Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) while packing, transporting, and evaluating your property for appropriate mitigation and remediation action. Our specially prepared technicians use the following options, among others, to restore your things to function and appearance:
- Freeze-drying for papers and photos
- Small drying compartments for upholstered furnishings and electronics
- Commercial washing and drying systems and drying cleaning resources for textiles and other soft items
Count on the multi-talented and certified team at SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville to regain both your house and your treasures after flood damage. Call us at (865) 862-8907 to explore your restoration opportunities.
Who Can Clean Up My Knoxville Office After a Disaster?
Should your office have an emergency restoration need, call SERVPRO. We are equipped and ready to meet your needs.
Water and Fire Losses can Leave a Severe Need for Professional Cleaning, and our Qualified SERVPRO Technicians can Help
Cleaning is a vital effort after any loss incident, but water and fire emergencies can have a widespread, overwhelming effect on your Knoxville office. Regardless of the size of these events, each has an array of fast-spreading effects that can make restoration and recovery a challenge. Because cleaning is such a common thread in all restorative efforts, our cleaning technicians are among the most versatile and adaptable in our roster.
When you need commercial cleaning for your Knoxville office, whether it is post-disaster recovery or improving your structure's look and feel, our SERVPRO team can help. We have a growing roster of experienced technicians capable of providing your business with the necessary recovery tools after water or fire losses. In many ways, the fast response and expertise of these responding professionals can save you time and money after a water loss incident.
What Can Happen After Water Losses?
Water losses are among the most common calls for our SERVPRO professionals, meaning that our team must be prepared to face any threats that could arise with these emergencies. From a leaking supply line filling up a toilet in the employee bathrooms to a burst pipe beneath the sink in the break room, a situation can get out of hand without the right mitigation steps happening as soon as possible. Some of these actions include:
- Extraction – As you might expect, one of the most critical steps for water restoration responders is removing standing surface water. With an array of efficient removal tools, including both submersible pumps and wet vacuums, our technicians can manage surface water to protect exposed materials and contents better.
- Drying – As necessary as the removal of surface water might be, eliminating moisture from materials and contents is a primary stage in restoring these areas on-site. We know that there is no time to waste from documents in your records that need our freeze-drying capabilities to evaporative drying from carpeted flooring.
- Content Management – In residential settings, content management protects personal belongings from the destruction of fire and water incidents. In your office, this phase is even more valuable, as it can preserve desks, chairs, carpets, and pieces of equipment from the migrating effects.
What Do Restorers Do for Fire Damages?
Because many fire losses in Knoxville can become hazardous cleaning and restoration zones for those who travel through it, it is vital to secure a team that can arrive quickly to begin mitigation and safety inspections. What professional restoration technicians can do for your emergency varies from one incident to the next. Scoping the job ahead of many of these mitigation tasks can help to ensure both that we have the personnel, equipment, and products available to protect your main office areas, furniture, and devices. Some of these mitigation tasks include:
- Surface Cleaning – Wipe cleaning and more abrasive cleaning techniques like soda blasting are critical efforts to overcome wet smoke residues, soot, and other potentially harmful carcinogens.
- Air Quality – Soot is a threat to the environment as well. Circulating soot particles, ash, and other contaminants and debris can be a hazard for those exposed. Cleaning up the situation where fire losses have taken place often involves specialty tools such as air scrubbers and hydroxyl generators.
- Content Management – Protecting your office space's belongings consists of the furniture, records, and even electronics. We can relocate some of these items to less damaged areas of your facility to wait for the restoration to complete. In more direct damage scenarios, compromised contents get transferred to our local SERVPRO facility for cleaning and deodorization.
- Deodorization – Removing odors involves more than neutralizing smoke scents left in a room after a fire. Many fire odors can become embedded in drywall, carpeting, and wood furniture typical in your office bullpen. With numerous odor removal tools, such as thermal foggers and ozone machines, we can meet your office's specific needs.
Can Professional Cleaning Happen Without a Disaster?
These days, professional cleaning is more desirable than any other time in our restoration team's history. We can work to ensure that your office space, heavily touched surfaces, and high-traffic areas receive the premier cleaning it needs. We strive to provide property owners with safe and sanitary environments for staff and customers. We can help improve the look and feel of your property with:
- Surface Cleaning
- Applying Disinfectant
- Carpet Cleaning
- Vandalism Removal
- Air Duct Cleaning
Whether it follows a devastating loss incident like fire and water emergencies, or you have to enhance the look and feel of your organization, our SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville team can help. Contact us anytime at (865) 862-8907.